Thursday, May 9, 2013

Day five in the books at VIR OLOA 2013

After having our lunch with My wife Sandra a few of our Corvette friends, it was time to go get ready for our next track session at VIR , America's Motorsport's Resort. 

Our afternoon session at VIR was on the full 3.27 mile course and we can tell you that we placed respectfully in the top twenty in eighteenth place. Wasn't the best I felt that I had done before, but with already two complete spin under my belt for this year I didn't want to take any chances and over drive my limits, so I tried to keep it cool and calm and just go out and have fun and that's what we did. With that finish it moved us up to 27th position overall with only two events left to go. Hopefully we can remain in the top 30 but neither one of us has seen Beaver Run/Pittsburg Track before so we will have to wait and see.

At least for the moment we can say we are in better shape than some, just take a look at the new SLS Gull wing  Mercedes after going off in turn 10 after the uphill S's. Ouch.......







No comments:

Post a Comment