Monday, May 6, 2013

Day three for the OLOA 2013 at NOLA in the books.

Just finished up at NOLA and already on the road to Daytona at 4 pm cst GPS shows us to be in Daytona at 1am not including any stops or traffic. Already had to detour through downtown New Orleans just to get to Interstate 10.

Now for our results for today. One thing I can say is at least I am consistent. If you notice the times posted online at http://www.onelapofamerica.com/event/ResultsIndex.do?eventId=32 and our placement, you'll notice we fell back a little bit today. On my third lap going into turn five, it felt like I got into something slick on the track and I completely spun out onto the safety tarmac to a complete stop and had to take off and jump the rumble strips to get back on track to finish my last lap. With all that said still finished 39th, don't ask me how. Would have loved to see what time I could have had without the spin...... Don't worry video will be on You Tube shortly.

After a good hot dog and BBQ lunch Herman went out for the afternoon session but had a hard time getting his rhythm going and finished 54th. After all the changes to the car that was made this winter, a couple track days on last years worn out OLOA tires and a few parade laps to get use to white trash again is probably a tough task for anyone.

I think we'll both be happy to have this beautiful facility in our rear view mirror and to be moving on the the high speed banks of Daytona.



































1 comment:

  1. That's a good lookin hotdog above that pic of that good lookin white trash :-) keep up the good work, have fun and be safe.

    ReplyDelete